Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was just cutting the grass and spied a large swarm descend onto the maple tree next to my house. The tree is about a hundred fifty years old and has been there longer than the farm has, so a cut out is out of the question. These are feral bees that have wintered over several years now as they are most likely from one of two nearby wild colonies that I know of.

I do not have the equipment to spare to do a trap out, so if any Michigan beekeepers are interested in the opportunity you can send me a PM. Location is Durand, Mi.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Should also mention that the entrance to the cavity they are occupying is only about five and a half feet off the ground.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
That should be an easy trap out at that heigth! Once all the foragers are back in the tree just back the box up and screen the tree entrance into the swarm box....Make sure you come back and repost the results!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was actually offering this to someone if they wanted to take advantage of the convenience of it. Not really set up to do it myself, but if I don't get any takers then I'll have to roll up my sleeves and get them out of there. My kids tire swing is right next to it, so they can't stay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts