Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Transporting Packages

819 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Oldtimer
I’m getting my first new packages next week. It’s about an hour away and I’ll be driving my pickup (with a bed cover). Should I cover the Packages with anything to keep the bees warm on the ride home? Put them in a box... just put them in the bed? Thanks
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
11,385 Posts
I checked your weather. If doing it during the main part of the day your temps will be fine on the back of a truck, but don't sit still too long with direct sun on them, keep moving so they don't overheat. Other than that don't let them get blasted by too much wind and you will be fine.

OH, what is a bed cover? A cover you will put over the whole thing? If so be careful they do not overheat, would pay to leave an opening in such a way you'll get air circulating through.

· Registered
11,385 Posts
That will work. Put them in the shaded part, leave that bit open as per your pic, and drive so there's air circulating, you'll be good.

Only, keep the packages seperated from each other so there is good ventilation for them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.