Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Make one out of masonite board for the sides and have it shaped to fit the slant of the hive sides. Just like the first inside frame feeders only shaped for a TBH.

·
Banned
2,668 Posts
A boardman feeder will fit inside a top bar hive. Put it at the opposite end from the cluster so they don't draw comb around it.

If they already have drawn comb, spray it full of syrup with a fruit tree sprayer.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A boardman feeder will fit inside a top bar hive. Put it at the opposite end from the cluster so they don't draw comb around it.

If they already have drawn comb, spray it full of syrup with a fruit tree sprayer.
That is a great idea. Using a tree sprayer to fill combs. How do I keep the bees off the combs while I spray them full. This is a top bar hive you know.:D

·
Registered
33 Posts
All I did was route a hole out of a small piece of board that the lid of a peach jar could fit in. Then I screwed that board onto my division board, filled the jar with syrup, and put the jar and lid in the hole. I took the division board and put it back in the hive with the jar side of the board inside the hive- happy bees.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Not sure if this would work in a top bar hive but some beeks use a zip lock baggy filled with syrup placed on top of the bars with a couple of slits cut with a razor blade. I tried it in a couple of hives it worked fine but ya can’t use them again and I was concerned the zip lock might leek but they never did. If ya don’t feed a lot this might be the way to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts