Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am for the first time having enough honey to sell some. I am bottling it is 1 pound bottles. And I live in Pennsylvania but very close to both Ohio and New York. What are some of you other beekeepers getting for your honey in 1 pound bottles?

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
For the past few years I've been getting $6.00 for a 1# jar.

$5.00 for the honey + $1.00 for the queenline jar and label. This year I think it's time to go up $1.00 to $7.00.
We'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Southwest ohio:
$8 for 1 lb squeeze bottle
$15 for 2lb squeeze bottle
$20 for quart mason jar

·
Registered
232 Posts
Front range Colorado. 10 a lb but could probably get more. I would rather move it and stop having to deal with it than charge more.

·
Registered
312 Posts
pint mason jars is the hot item for me, $18e.
:eek: $18 dollars a pint? Wow! I can't remember if that is just a little more or less than a pound. I am leaning toward slightly less at the moment. I have been selling the 1 pound squeeze bottles from mann lake for a couple of years for $6 dollars each and people love them. Much more convenient than spooning honey from a jar and a lot less weight to carry around.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:eek: $18 dollars a pint? Wow! I can't remember if that is just a little more or less than a pound. I am leaning toward slightly less at the moment. I have been selling the 1 pound squeeze bottles from mann lake for a couple of years for $6 dollars each and people love them. Much more convenient than spooning honey from a jar and a lot less weight to carry around.
A pint is a pound and a half

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
If you are printing up a label for a pint jar I would suggest calling it 22 ozs. Its kind of tough to get a 24 oz. fill in a pint unless the honey is pretty cool and low moisture.

·
Premium Member
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,888 Posts
I plan on selling pint mason jars (1-1/2#) for $15. Most of this year's harvest is already pre-sold. Bought some 2 fl oz. mini mason jars (3 oz. net weight) that I will be selling for $4. They are really cute.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I charge a $1 per ounce with discounts. Example 22 oz.(pint) for $20, 10 oz.(jelly jars) for $10, 44 oz.(quart) for $35. The jars are mason jars and I sold for that price in Virginia and now in Oklahoma.

·
Registered
915 Posts
If you are small (not much honey) and you don't NEED the $$. Provide some information about local honey benifits and start high. Might seem extreme but say $20/lb. You can always come down on the price (have a sale!) but rarely can go up unless it is a once a year and can explain it away "Well it was $6 last year but this year our packing cost increased so now it's $7" (you get the idea).

I know you can get that for it, several stores in my area sell local honey at that price and ppl buy it..... I wouldn't but I'm cheap ;)

I mean some guy in the UK is selling cards with sugar water to feed to bees on the street for $5.00, you should be able to get $20.00 for some actual honey!

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you are printing up a label for a pint jar I would suggest calling it 22 ozs. Its kind of tough to get a 24 oz. fill in a pint unless the honey is pretty cool and low moisture.
Jim Lyon is correct. Weigh them. I put 22 oz. on my pint labels.

I'm in western New York - south of Buffalo, east of Erie, PA. $8/pint or $15/qt. Return the jar and it's a $1 off.

·
Registered
590 Posts
i call it 1.4#'s.
the year after i dont sell out i will offer different sizes.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts