Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize not all beeks have woodshops available, but there is always WallyWorld...:D Double screened board to help join hives? Window screen section sells an expandable screen for $6 that is 15 inches high by 20 inches long. Take off the plastic clips you have two 15x20s in an aluminum frame. I know 16x20 would be better but hey they didn't even list beehive cover as one of the uses! I got it just to set one on top of supers to keep bees in while doing whatever. A glue gun and modify those clips to stick down and keep the screen centered, use your imagination.
Gloves - paint section - under $6 - stanley makes a chemical handling glove with a rather long cuff. I did one cut out with a pair and one sting barely got through, a little velcro stip from the sewing section to tighten cuff down. Got a second pair for the helper.
Queen marking pen by elmers in the craft section $3.50.
Light weight deep bucket in the paint supplies to catch swarm - aka bucket on a stick -
I'm sure the list goes on and on

·
Registered
281 Posts
wood shavings or pellets (i use corn cob bedding for my ****atoo) for the smoker

·
Registered
507 Posts
Naturegoods and Afss,

Woo Hoo, thanks for the hot tips. I'm going to make a trip to Wally World very soon with those things in mind.

Excellent, thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts