Before I got into beekeeping last year, I would stop at the bee club stands at 4h club fairs, and county fairs. A lot of the people I spoke to have made claims that they never get stung. Has anyone ever heard a line similar to..... "I have been working bees for 45 years, in shorts, a tank top, and sandals and I have never been stung!" Let me tell you Mr. or Mrs. " I am awesome and never get stung even when I wear nothing but a loin cloth and no shoes." I have only been working bees for half of last year and the start of this year. I am far from impervious to a bee sting. They even get me through my gloves. At first, I thought I was doing something wrong, and I almost felt ashamed when I got stung. Then, I let the logical thought process take over. If you work with bees, of course you are going to get stung. It is part of beekeeping. You play with stinging insects that sometimes are ornery, or conditions may not be ideal.... the occasional bee sting would be expected. So to the manly beekeepers who claim to never get stung, I call bs. And to anyone that reads this that may be thinking about getting into beekeeping. YOU ARE GOING TO GET STUNG! But I will tell you this, the discomfort you feel is more conceptual than physical pain. I am just now starting to get used to the stings, and not feeling ashamed when I get stung. My advice is, just embrace it. There are even claims of health benefits to the stings. So go out there and inspect those hives and watch in amazement how those bees can get that tiny stinger right through your glove and into your finger, and every time it starts to itch for the next 2 days, let that be a reminder that you are..........A beekeeper!