Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Found them. These were what I was after. Thanks everyone.
Hated to make a new post on this but I’ve had a hard time finding the Reike (or any) 1 15/16” (49mm) plugs for EZ Nuc feeders. The pulls wear out fairly quickly and after 10-12x opening the plastic plug is deformed enough that rain water leaks in.

Anyone know where I can put my hands on some?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hated to make a new post on this but I’ve had a hard time finding the Reike (or any) 1 15/16” (49mm) plugs for EZ Nuc feeders. The pulls wear out fairly quickly and after 10-12x opening the plastic plug is deformed enough that rain water leaks in.

Anyone know where I can put my hands on some?
Did you contact blue ridge? I got mine from d&j. I just started using them a week ago with no issues yet

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Did you contact blue ridge? I got mine from d&j. I just started using them a week ago with no issues yet
You are using them on a 2" hole you cut, correct? These feeders have a 1 15/16" hole molded in plastic. It's a very typical plug for 5 gal paint pails, but I don't think a 2" plug will fit. I may call and get some to test. Thanks :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
You are using them on a 2" hole you cut, correct? These feeders have a 1 15/16" hole molded in plastic. It's a very typical plug for 5 gal paint pails, but I don't think a 2" plug will fit. I may call and get some to test. Thanks :)
Joe give them a call. I did to place my order and they said a 49MM hole is perfect. So i think that is the one you want. I use a 50MM for wood and a 49MM for plastic bucket lids. Both are water tight so far

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Joe give them a call. I did to place my order and they said a 49MM hole is perfect. So i think that is the one you want. I use a 50MM for wood and a 49MM for plastic bucket lids. Both are water tight so far
I called and ordered 100. This will be great if they work. Thanks! :D

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Oh happy day! Thanks so much! I called and spoke with a younger girl who said. "How many do you need? I have a few loose ones around here somewhere." It reminded me of a day when almost everyone you dealt with wasn't trying to sell you some crud you didn't need, for 4x what the price should have been (last memories probably early 90s). Really took me back. She asked a few questions to someone else there as they had the small plugs for cardboard nucs as well.

When these arrived they were the Reike plugs that originally came with the EZ Nuc feeders. I went through the yard with a pocketful replacing all or them regardless of wear like I was a bee billionaire or something. Thanks again! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts