Well, I'm think today is the beginning of the end, time to check the hives and prepare for a final harvest this weekend. I went a week more than planned but we're in a strong fall flow, goldenrod and aster is still strong, still budding and our usual first frost isn't for more than a month. I have 3 supers on one hive, 4 on the other. Today the girls were flying even before the sun cleared the trees at 6:30 am. As some know, I got hit with a mite bomb in late August, did an FA treatment and the hives, a month later are fully recovered and strong, frames were coated with bees two weeks ago but today should be in the mid 70's F and I'm going to do an inspection. I think being conservative at this point may be prudent and assuming all is good, I'll pull the supers this weekend, forecast for 75 F and extract-the double deeps are loaded with honey and pollen, with this flow I'm not sure where they're putting it all. Part of me wants to ride this out for another couple of weeks but I need to get down to business with an OAV. I'm figuring that, because of the continued flow and large populations, I'll pull the supers, put a deep on (foundation, no comb) temporarily, do the first round of treatment during extracting and then replace the deep with a single medium extracted comb for clean up afterwards. I'll repeat the process, temporary deep, treat, extracted medium comb for clean up, repeat cycle. I'm planning on a 4 treatment over 5 day cycle, which should bring me to the end of the month which will give the girls another two weeks until our first frost-maybe with a built up medium. I plan on reserving a capped medium for each hive incase the winter is sever-our first blooms should be mid February here. I also have 5 gallons unopened bucket of Mannlake syrup in reserve.