Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if there are any suppliers that still ship bee packages through the mail anymore. I don't need any, but was wondering. I sometimes order day old chicks through the mail, and that goes pretty well.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I know that Walter T. Kelley Co still does...along with several other package bee suppliers.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
You dont' want them delivered to your house anyway... sitting in a hot delivery truck for who knows how many hours, and how much stuff might get piled on your package of bees or queens? They can overheat or suffocate....

Early in my beekeeping days, i called the local post office to let them know to call me when the bees arrived, so I could come down to the main office and get them. Sure enough, 2 am one morning the phone rang... "Your bees are here." Wiping the sleep out of my eyes, not seeing the clock, I asked, "What time is it?" "2 am, but you said to call when they arrived." Be careful what you ask for. :lpf:
Regards,
Steven

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha! They do the same thing when I get an order of day old chicks. They're usually calling me at home before my alarm clock even goes off.

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Our letter carrier makes us the first stop so he can get the bees off the truck. I do not care why he wants them off as long as they are. If I teach him not to fear them he might leave them for regular delivery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts