1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Might have to upgrade my honey prices now....since customers know best

·
Registered
11,125 Posts
The recurring phrase was "it tastes great" and in truth that does not surprise me. After all, these artificial products have huge budgets spent on making them taste great, they really do taste better than the real thing.

After years of abusing my body by what went into it but being largely unaware, I'm now attempting a largely natural unprocessed diet, and focussing on getting sugar intake down to natural levels, not easy. Sometimes I'll lapse and eat something I definitely shouldn't, and it's surprising how after a period of abstinence the flavours in these things are crazy intense.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The recurring phrase was "it tastes great" and in truth that does not surprise me. After all, these artificial products have huge budgets spent on making them taste great, they really do taste better than the real thing.
I'm sorry Oldtimer , i beg to differ.
For years I though imitation flavored candies were wonderful {you know store stuff} lots of good sugar for a kid tho .
And i was a farm kid with apple trees in the yard and knew much about nature .
So things like artificial apple, cheese or butter were soon rooted out as fakes and poorly disguised imposters.
But foreign things to me such as cherry , pear and peach , ohhhhhh those were yummy store treats.

Image my surprise years later , when I tasted a homemade cherry pie with cherries off our own tree .
And i still remember going on vacation way down south and finding a real tree ripe peach , Wow .
Now I am surprised how many people don't realize how good natural flavors of cherry ,apple , honey etc. are !
But to their defense they were raised with artificial tastes , and it is only time until they are awakened , Hopefully.
Or for those that never find out "ignorance is bliss"

Lee

1 - 11 of 11 Posts