Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a cutout a little over a week ago. Got thru it just fine except I didnt have any wire or rubber bands to tie in the comb to the frames, so I used a thin Jute cord. I liked it at the time, easy to handle and tie.
Well I checked the hive this afternoon. What a mess! The bees have apparently chewed thru the jute. it is all separated and frizzed out,with all the tied in comb fallen out.
On the good side the drawn comb frames that I put in are holding up well and are full of eggs and larve.
I need to round up another frame of capped brood and some more drawn to put in so I can clean out the mwss.
The moral of the story, dont tie in comb with something the bees can chew up!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.