Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Surprised there was nothing about the aggrieved neighbour "creating an attractive nuisance" by growing flowers. I guess that would have been something to use if someone had been stupid enough to allow him/her into court.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I remember reading in the online issues of the "Gleanings in Bee Culture," for the 1890s, of a court case where a farmer sued a beekeeper because his bees were stealing the nectar from the farmers clover. The case was tried somewhere in the midwestern states in a major court. The judge ruled that the farmer owned the clover, but he did not own the nectar. I think it was because he could not control the taking of the nectar by flying insects, if he could not control the nectar it was not his property.

·
Moderator - In Memorium
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,882 Posts
Thanks for posting this. Funny, and sad to see the lengths some people will go to trying to screw over their neighbors. Never even touched on the fact that the flowers invited the bees over for lunch in the first place.

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
The greedy, litigious mindset that is increasing in society. Some people want to get something for nothing and always got their eye out for some way they can sue someone.

I hope this idiot went all the way in court, spent his money, lost, and had costs awarded against him.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It amazes me how greedy and petty people are. They chtoli do not understand that the bees pollinate from the plant and thereby improve the health of these plants. After all, pollinated plants bear fruit. Isn't that enough?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts