Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Things not to take to the bee yard . Had a bad day at work I own a restaurant enough said anyway so I'm just in a PO mood and i figured I'd go to the bee yard and find some queens make a couple splits and check on some QCs. i made a QT. size White Russian to the beeyard i went. Went to a nuc that I had put a few capped supersedure cells a week ago and i found the little virgin queen was awesome.:D So after that I
figured I'd try to find the queen in one of my DBL. deeps i could not fine the last time I looked and I wanted to pull her and make a split.
Well I have smoker in hand and my thicksters on and bee jacket all seems well .
This hive is the strongest and meanest hive{WILDING I name all my DBL. deeps} I have but it's workable so I start digging in to it well by the time i get to bottom box they where hitting me like some one was shooting me with rapped fire bb gun . They found the weak spot in the thickests right on the rest and got me like 8 times .
So I look like JAYSON from Halloween coming out of a bad fire. I had to walk away regroup and go back and gave up on trying to find the queen put the hive back together and got out of there they won this time but I'll be back.
So I ended up with 10 stings got nothing done should of played with the dog.
So I say don't take your bad mood to the beeyear the bees my not want to feel your mood. Just saying.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I thought you were going to say, "don't take a white russian" Thought you may have gotten stung when you took a drink. Enjoyable story though. A visit with the bees usually lightens my mood.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yeah, no bad attitudes and leave your worries at home. The girls were harrassing and picking on my husband when we were installing a hive at a friends house. They weren't even looking twice at me. He was uptight because his mom was in the hospital. I was not worried about her because it's not serious, not even close, and she shouldn't have been admitted in the first place. Anyway, she's fine--needed an antacid. In fact, she was home before we got there. Those girls really know how to pick on our weaknesses! And don't freshly bathe in my lovely homecrafted lemon poppy seed soap before you go to the apiary. It's got lemongrass EO in it! The girls will love you, too much!

·
Registered
638 Posts
I'm so relaxed whenever I go into my hives they dont even know I'm there. "Smoke" goes two ways for a calming effect!! I get my smoke...they get theirs and everybodies happy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts