Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many false claims (starting with the Einstein quote) and BS can you spot in this video?

http://youtu.be/qZI6lGSq1gU

<font color="#000000"><span style="font-family: UICTFontTextStyleTallBody">

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I believe beeswax melts at around 140....so I don't think the cappings would melt. I can see any unsealed honey begin to run making a mess. i'd like to see a study of varoa and heat death like they describe. Africa is often over 100 degrees so I have got to think their hives can hit that often and they still have the problem.
doubt very much that we'd see increased honey as for that time period and for hours after all the bees would be fanning the hive. doesn't larvae have a narrow temperature band of survival?

·
Premium Member
2,521 Posts
I hate seeing the Einstein "quote." If someone can actually show when and where he said that (from a reliable source) I'd be greatly appreciative. It's like an internet rumor that people perpetuate without actually seeing if it's real.

·
Premium Member
2,521 Posts
Do they make the solar hive to fit the flow hive? That has to to be the way to go. Maybe i can get crowd funding to set up a new apiary and save the honeybee all on my lonesome...
I know you're joking, but those would be some seriously expensive hives if you combined a thermosolar hive with a flow hive! This whole thing is set up to look like the flowhive video. They're hoping the crowd funding lightning will strike twice. Claims of killing off pathogens (varroa, EFB, AFB, etc) via heat (no reviewable studies) is nowhere near as sexy as turning a spigot and getting honey. Undoubtedly some folks with more money than brains will throw money at this but like flow hive count me out. The drinking of honey at the end? I've got nothing to say except, what the....????

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just a guess, but I figure the cost of a solar hive with a spigot would run around $1,200 each. Wannabe suburban hipsters a big market to pander to.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
I hate seeing the Einstein "quote." If someone can actually show when and where he said that (from a reliable source) I'd be greatly appreciative. It's like an internet rumor that people perpetuate without actually seeing if it's real.
Proving he never said it is difficult, since he never said it. No one can find anything showing he did say it. But once a rumor lilke that gets started it's hard to eliminate.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Who knows maybe it works as advertised. I don't see what would need to be funded and/or purchased. Looks like you need a piece of glass on top and a thermometer....

I'm gonna come up with some kind of idea and start a go fund me campaign. Save Brad Bee from undue suffering and eliminate his need for money so he can sing to his bees every day. Singing to bees is proven to make the beekeeper less stressed and the bees can sense his mood. Save Brads bees by contributing to Brad's beesinging beehive starter campaign!

I'll post my paypal address....

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Good God! ANOTHER company looking for handouts. Actually this is incorrect. They are not looking for a handout because they know a bunch of ignorant people that don't know their ass from a hole in the ground will fork over money to these thieves. We need some internet police please because this type of crowd funding garbage has got to stop.
All the terrible crap they spout off in this video is beyond disturbing. It is a blatant attempt, much like flow, to prey on the innocent average idiot.
Unbelievable.
I love the one comment:
"Don't trust anything you read on the internet"-Abraham Lincoln
Classic.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How about a hive that combines Thermosolar, the Flow Hive, and the Innerview viewing pane. That would have to be worth $1,500 each.

Does crowd funding work in reverse? I don't need money to develop this super hive, I just need to raise $30,000 so I can buy 20 of them. Each contributor will get 1 jar of honey.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Ten bucks? Yikes! What do you think money grows on trees? Why spend that kind of money when you can beg it off of a crowd of people that, "love bees".
What is with these people anyway? Everyone here should look for themselves on YouTube and see how many people comment, "I love bees" on videos such as the one mentioned in the OP.
Yeah, you love bees. SO WHAT! Every time some ignorant fool comments with, "I love bees" the basement dwelling crowd fundee says, "cha-ching".
We all have got to remember what PT Barnum said AND we have to remember that there are a lot of people that have absolutely no problem with posting a video about some sort of bee related junk and asking for money. They know full well that this is all that is needed to get the cash from the millions of people that, "love bees".
Many would call these types unscrupulous, unethical, opportunistic and more. Personally I have much harsher descriptors for this ilk of sub human. Then again, in their circles, they are doing what's fine and proper.

You could build one yourself for about $10.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.