Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I get a call tonight from the manager of Walmart the next town over saying they have a swarm. I tell them I am on my way to softball practice. I can bee there in a couple hours. So they tape the area off and wait. Call them after practice bees still there so I head out. Went like clock work. Don't think I left a single bee behind. Nothing like an audience. There were customers taking pics like crazy. One lady yelled. Is is a big ole snake! lol. Hope not to end up on peopleofwalmart.com

All went great. Not a huge swarm, but I'll take it.

Oh. I took my mom since I took her to practice. And just like a mom she was telling me..."Derek put on some gloves and pants" Gotta love mom's!!

Kudos to Barry for the site. They searched the internet for a beek and found me via beesource.

The two tone sedan in the background is pure awesome. :D

·
Registered
382 Posts
Guess I gotta agree with Mom about the pants. A bee finding its way up the pants leg is just something I don't want to comtemplate, and certainly never want to experience ( :

·
Registered
546 Posts
Congrats! I removed a swarm from a KFC drive through window about 2 years ago. Isn't it a hoot to do the "commercial" swarm removals? Do you think the bees were after the "imitation" honey sauce? NOT!!!

PS- When I got done, I went in and got a bottle of water. They charged me for it!!!

:scratch:

I didn't complain or roll my eyes, I felt it would have made me look like I was a cheap skate, but you know what I was thinking...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Sweet, awesome catch! Which town is that in? Btw, thanks again for the bees and the fun afternoon! I had a blast!

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sweet, awesome catch! Which town is that in? Btw, thanks again for the bees and the fun afternoon! I had a blast!
Those were in Waxahachie.

Your more than welcome. I had a great time too! My daughter was pretty fired up when she saw the package of Bacon. :D

Took that swarm to a new home on the north side. Lots of rolling hills. You can see downtown Dallas from it. You will love it when you see this place.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Sams Choice Bee package. So Walmart is giving bees away for Free now. I wonder when they will bring that to our area?

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got another one last night. Best pic I could do with my camera phone. Got taged right under the eye. It's almost swole shut. :)

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Dang, Hambone will you save some for the rest or us?;) You must look like a mess with staple holes in your thumb and and eye swollen shut. You will end up on "People of Walmart" if you go in there now.

·
Registered
453 Posts
HAHA, another?? SWEET!

Can't wait to see the spot that has the view of Dallas. Wheres the new swarm going?

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dang, Hambone will you save some for the rest or us?;) You must look like a mess with staple holes in your thumb and and eye swollen shut. You will end up on "People of Walmart" if you go in there now.
I look like a mess right now. Holes in my thumb, swolen eye...Wife thinks it's real funny though. She keeps talking to me with one eye closed.

I have had 5 calls. Got 3 of the 5. The other 2 flew away before I could get there. Finally saw some scouts at my swarm trap in my back yard today. Have 5 traps out. So hope to see some swarms in those soon!

Can't wait to see the spot that has the view of Dallas. Wheres the new swarm going?
Can't decide. Either the hills or Tommy's. But thinking my land too. Gonna have to draw numbers from a hat to decide.

·
Registered
453 Posts
hmmm, I know a place that can hold two more if you need room. ;) haha

·
Registered
546 Posts
Sams Choice Bee package. So Walmart is giving bees away for Free now. I wonder when they will bring that to our area?
The only thing the Walton family gives away free is hard "you know what" and bubble gum... Unfortunately, they are all out of bubble gum!

:lpf:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts