Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
We pollinated an organic orchard some years ago. When we started loading the hives out, I noticed hundreds of giant ****roaches hiding under the hives. My first thought was, somebody needs to spray this orchard!

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Roaches need to stay warm too! With the price of almonds up, they gonna spray, it's cheap crop insurance. It's hard to be organic with all the pests that can hit almonds hard, especially spider mites.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Good pics. Anyone in fresno county area able to post some pics? Would like to see some pictures of near the I5 corridor. Especially now that the sun is coming out. Are the bees gonna start making a living?

·
Registered
157 Posts
The bees where flying good today but the blossums are to wet for them to get any pollin. If you need to feed you will want to wait a day or to for things to dry out a bit.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Yesterday we were tearing though potential breeders with the Beeinformed team. Bees had been flying good on Monday and yesterday morning but the afternoon clouded up and the boxes stayed full of bees. The weather was warm enough that they had been able to drag in some nectar. Considering how cloudy it was I I was surprised. The bee count is up so any nectar to keep them through the on and off again rain is really appreciated. Overall the bloom has progressed slowly. Anyone hoping for early release date might not want to plan to far ahead at this time. The way it looks right now I'm gonna guess that this will be one of the longest "first openings to final petal fall spans" in a very long time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts