Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There must be new labor laws in New York State I don’t know about. For the last couple of evenings I’ve noticed both my hives have a couple hundred bees on the landing board, but no one is flying in or out with 2-3 hours of daylight left. The weather has been clear and in the mid 70’s. There isn’t a lot flowering right now as the golden rod should be coming on in the next week or so. I opened one hive and the top super is full and ¾ capped with bees doing their thing. I thought about swapping out a few capped frames with foundation to give them ‘work space’ but my extractor should be here soon so I’ll extract and give them there comb back in a few days.

Everyone looks happy and healthy, just not overly ambitious at the moment.

·
Banned
2,668 Posts
Bees start flying harder once flowers start producing nectar. Just because a flower is blooming doesn't mean it is producing nectar.

Here right now, the flow is slowing a lot. The bees are still pretty lazy at noon. By mid-afternoon, flight activity has picked up quite a bit.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine sure enough taking it easy... I weed eated around the hives this afternoon and didnt take a single sting.... usually they eat me up unless I got a jacket on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts