Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
The Fat Bee Man knows bees, has much information to share, and is entertaining. He is not the source of all bee wisdom, nor from what I've heard, would he tolerate such a claim being made on his behalf.

So in answer to the question posed by the OP, the videos have good stuff that help you learn and make you think. That said, he is one of many good and kind people who share information about keeping bees on the web.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I find them very informative. Can't criticize a person for taking the time and energy to share knowledge.

·
Registered
26 Posts
They're a great resource. When I was first getting started, I would watch video after video to help me get my bearings. I still watch his videos when I'm stumped. Saw a good one recently on making a base essential oil mix.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just watched a couple of his videos last night to learn more about uncapping. Very useful. I sent the links to my daughter, who will helping me and is very interested in how to not waste a single drop of our precious honey.
New Bee Lady

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been watching him now for over 2 weeks, find him fascinating, he seems to know bees, will be watching more, tonight loved the one where he said he was a school drop out, and now he teaches professors.

·
Registered
57 Posts
+1

Great source of knowledge and bee wisdom on Youtube. His methods and tips I'm sure are always "debatable", but what isn't?

·
Registered
693 Posts
I've learned more from the FatBeeMan than any other source. I also contribute to him; loosing him for lack of funds would be terrible.

·
Registered
10 Posts
He's excellent. Even when he's talking about topics I'm not likely to try (eg, queen breeding), he presents the information in an understandable yet not patronizing way. He's a terrific resource.

Why do you ask?

·
Registered
902 Posts
I've watched several of his videos myself. I'm a newbee, and I know many topics have more than one viewpoint, but I enjoy his stuff a lot. I just watched his video on "checkerboarding." He really gets to throwing the frames around.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Love his videos and have learned so much from him! He is probably the reason that I took the plunge and bought my first bees!

I still want to travel up to Lula and meet him! Might as well buy some bees while I am there!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Ooh wee , I just wish I could give that queen a kiss!! O shot! That one just got me on the leg! O well that's just part of the game! Love it!!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He's excellent. Even when he's talking about topics I'm not likely to try (eg, queen breeding), he presents the information in an understandable yet not patronizing way. He's a terrific resource.

Why do you ask?
I just think his videos are awesome, but just wondered what other people thought about his advice, as I am new to bee keeping.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts