Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,071 Posts
While I do understand that there are plenty of reasons to not like the EPA, I don't see what justifies the thread title, "The EPA Are Liars".

What are they lying about? :scratch:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Almost every insecticide registered is toxic to bees. While many would probably like to see all insecticides banned. When used according to the label the risk to honey bees, and other non-target insects, is usually very low.

Tom

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
I look at it as the EPA is trying to serve too many Masters and is not speaking with a central voice. Pesticides are developed to make money and to solve problems. I wish (dangerous) that there was enforcement of the label, and that the applier be required to apply at the time of day safest for non target species instead of what was convenient for the applicator.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I look at it as the EPA is trying to serve too many Masters and is not speaking with a central voice. Pesticides are developed to make money and to solve problems. I wish (dangerous) that there was enforcement of the label, and that the applier be required to apply at the time of day safest for non target species instead of what was convenient for the applicator.
Everything you need to know about the EPA you can learn from the movie "Ghostbusters". I've worked with the EPA on superfunds sites in the 90s, it's all true different rules for different folks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts