Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of all TBH designs I tried ( really small variations in hive height and bottom board width ) the design of Michael Bush is the one I am most satisfied with and is the one I will make standard in my apiary.

Thank you Michael :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
I checked out his design and it looks great. I built a much more complicated TBH (topbarbees.wordpress.com), but have been scratching my head about a "one-hour hive" in case I get a chance to grab a swarm. This looks perfect. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have built 7 like Mr bush's.(just need bees now) I made a jig to lay the pieces in to nail them together. hard to find 1x12's right now though(rough-cut). been using 1x6's and 1x8's

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have built 7 like Mr bush's.(just need bees now) I made a jig to lay the pieces in to nail them together. hard to find 1x12's right now though(rough-cut). been using 1x6's and 1x8's
Can you please show us a jig ? Interested.... thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just tried to access M. Bush's site to look at his topbar plans again and it has been down for the past few days. Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
19 Posts
What in earth is going on!!!

I've tried it in firefox, internet explorer, and by searching through google and clearing my cookies nothing works!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
What in earth is going on!!!

I've tried it in firefox, internet explorer, and by searching through google and clearing my cookies nothing works!!!!
It's working here too.

Try this....

Click start, run, type "cmd" in the box (without the quotes) and press enter.

then, in the box that appears type ipconfig /flushdns

if no errors appear, type exit to close the DOS window.

If you get an error, try this procedure:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2349194,00.asp

Larry

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow that worked like a charm Larry!!!! Thank you so much. Do you mind explaining what the heck the problem was? It is so weird that it only affected M. Bush's site. Thanks again!!! Eric.

·
Premium Member
9,105 Posts
Great work Larry!! Thanks for sharing your expertise.
These communities run on that sharing.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wow that worked like a charm Larry!!!! Thank you so much. Do you mind explaining what the heck the problem was? It is so weird that it only affected M. Bush's site. Thanks again!!! Eric.
Happy to help, nice to see it worked out for you. I work for a major computer company on 'large scale' systems, but PC's are one of my many hobbies. Basically, part of your DNS cache was corrupted or out of date. The command you entered 'flushed' your cache and forced your PC to go back to the DNS server to get good data. DNS translates 'friendly names' to IP addresses so you can enter things like www.bushfarms.com instead of their IP address. If anyone ever tells you they can't get to "XYZ" site but most other sites work, try flushing the cache first.

My bees should be here in a few short weeks, I'm sure people here will return the favor by answering my beginner questions!

Larry

1 - 19 of 19 Posts