Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my favorite time of the year, when the clock is jumpstarted 1 hour sooner and gives us an additional hour of usable daylight.

This means that when I get home from work that I can enjoy the company of my bees an additional hour...... hip hip horray.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
couldn't you have just gone into work an hour earlier and let the rest of us sleep in?

·
Registered
119 Posts
SQkcrk: You may want to look for a spring and summer home in the next time zone. But I caution you after you Get to California it gets wet.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Nah. I am thinking about moving to Saskatchewan. They don't change their clocks there.

Grandpa Porter used to get really upset when his Farm Mkt reports didn't come on the radio at the right time, because he refused to switch. Grandma had to sneak the clocks forward. I don't know how she did it. Maybe it's just a family myth.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
so that's what i'm doing wrong. just because i hate them they won't work? seems kinda suicidal to me. that must be why my garden won't grow too.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
I use the let alone method of gardening.

Do you have a strutting Bull to follow that "Rooster"? Ha,ha. Get it?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I am considering getting a tattoo of a bull similar to that one but without the ring on my breeding arm just for giggles.:)

As far as daylight savings, I don't know anyone who actually uses it.:scratch:
It's suposed to be for farmers but all the big operations I know run around the clock when they are busy. Personally I try to have the cows unlocked before it gets hot no matter what the clock says.
But then maybe I'm just being grouchy since I had to haul my but out of bed so early this morning.:) I WAS home just about the time the bees started to fly...Nice...

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Extra hour? Just because you moved your clock ahead doesn't mean the sun stays up an hour longer.:scratch:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Extra hour? Just because you moved your clock ahead doesn't mean the sun stays up an hour longer.:scratch:
You are right, we don't get an extra hour of sunlight -- but for those of us that work for other masters return home with the sun higher in the sky and we get an extra hour of sunlight in the evening. If you are a beek/farmer, nothing really changes for you, but for the remainder, another 60 glorious minutes to be with the girls.:)

·
Premium Member
9,105 Posts
For sure. My seasonal depression is fading fast. To me, the worst part of winter is darkness at 4:15. Life returns to northern Vermont.
Isn't that the truth! It is so cool to start looking at all
my "projects" with anticipation and excitement rather
than dread.

I even get to pop the tops this Wed as it will be 45F!!:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts