Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
I wish that was me. That's awesome!! I'm in on that. I am looking that up to see if I can do that and what it cost.

Standing offer to any beesource'ers. Anytime ya'll want to go hog huntin just let me know. Just need a weeks notice to start feed'em out. If you commercial beeks are coming though and want to hunt, give me a shout.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I been watching shows on TV about the wild hog explosion, they say Texas and Most southern states are over run with wild hogs, I wonder if they just left those hogs in the field in that clip :scratch:.

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
Derek,

How many people could you accomodate at once? A couple of guys I know (who are not really hunters) and I have been talking about going on a hog hunt. We could go around here, but I question whether we would have much success. The place I know where there are hogs is public hunting land in really thick creek bottoms and it would be very hit or miss. My brother shot one a year ago while deer hunting when he came on a big herd.

They sure are destructive. I talked with a game warden about it, and he urged me to hunt for them and shoot every one I saw.

Neil

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
2-3 easy. My step dad has a 300 acre place where the hogs have been running the creek beds heavy and a 50 acre place on the Trinity River with lots of hogs. On the 300 I plan on putting a feeder by the creek in the next couple of weeks. A guy less than a mile north on the same creek put a feeder up and a game camera. He checked it after a week and the pics were full of hogs.

Only problem is room and board. But there are a few hotel/motels here with some nice bars.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
I been watching shows on TV about the wild hog explosion, they say Texas and Most southern states are over run with wild hogs, I wonder if they just left those hogs in the field in that clip :scratch:.
I’m sure there was a crew that came in and picked them up and processed them for the guys. If it was a hunt type of deal. If it was a land owner then they were just left out there.

A buddy at the deer lease had been seeing a pack of 20+ coming in all most every time he hunted. So he took his AK47 and was going to light them up. He saw 1 hog each time he hunted that weekend. lol.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
From doing a little research. It’s a company that comes in for eradication (under a nuisance/mngt law). It’s illegal to do it as a sport hunt. :(

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Great video.:applause:

I was watching the video on the small screen and after i clicked into full screen I couls see a red dot on the animal.
$1,499/ hog is a lot of damage!

I read some of the comments:
I liked the one about the hog looking like a cow. :lpf:

Thanks.
Ernie

·
Registered
98 Posts
Great video. I was wondering if these are wild type, or farm pigs that have gone wild. Some were spotted and coloured so could be be. I had a farm
pig get away one time and went wild. Finally got it in the winter when it was eating corn silage at a neighbors farm with the cows. It dressed heavier than
the other 11 raised and fed in the barn. Amazing how they survive.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Ok...so someone explain to me why you need a camo suit when you are hunting from a chopper?

It's too bad they don't have a program to collect the meat...we used to do this when we needed fresh meat in the field back in the day.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The camo is so they look cool on the video.:D Actually if you read the comments the answer that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts