Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a Sony Cybershot 5.1 Pixel
These are my first pics...what do you think and what camera do you like?
I have two weeks to try it out.
I'm not sure about this one, I expected better pics,... macro pics are not too bad but I find regular pics is nothing to brag of.

Here, in this pic

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
Nice pictures. That looks like it might be a varroa on the worker at the top in the middle, but I can't say for sure. That's the second picture.

I really don't know for cameras, I've got an old Olympus 2.1 megapixel which is probably 5 years old. Takes good enough pictures for me:

http://www.sweettimeapiary.com/pics/pollinia6.jpg

I'd think a 5.1 megapixel unit would be nice.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
5.1 Megapixel is overkill unless you're a pro. And considering that pic is a Drone I would act like it is a mite. With the glare in the pic you just can't tell. Nice camera.

Hawk

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
819 Posts
5.1 megapixels is not only for pros. One main advantage to having that many pixels is the fact that you can zoom in and crop the picture and still retain clarity. Something that comes in handy for zooming in on the "spot" in your photo, for example. More pixels is always better. Go for as many as you can afford.

·
Premium Member
8,315 Posts
Wonder if this link will work. Cheezy throwaway camera that's been sliding around under the seat in my truck. The hives are on the Navajo Agricultural Products Industry farm south of here.

http://photos.yahoo.com/sjbasin

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Coyote,
Your pix are what all pix used to look like. now everyone needs to have more more more. They Would be sharper with a digital with a longer depth of focus.

I drove myself crazy trying to choose. I finally opted for a Kodak Z740, mainly because newbee101 has one and takes remarkable pictures. He tells me there are extra lens' available. I have had a couple of his pix and mine, in Bee Culture. That's when the 5.1 megapixels come in handy. I may shoot something that will take up a page in a magazine one day. Don't want to be a megapixel short!

Dickm

·
Registered
74 Posts
We have a Nikon CoolPix 5000 that we use for bee photography. One rationale was that (as a newbie) the pictures could be a resource for me to study later without keeping the colonies open for hours on end. I am with DeeBee on maximum pixels. It is an absolute joy to shoot a picture of a frame at high res, and then zoom in on it once it is on your desktop. You can see all that the bees are up to.

You can see samples of the photos we get at http://www.tonitoni.org/photos12.html

[ November 28, 2005, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: Toni Bee ]

·
Premium Member
8,315 Posts
Your pix are what all pix used to look like.
So I've been told. My children mock me for this and other reasons such as my glasses, my clothes, my music, etc.
Ms. Coyote tells me that Santa Bee will remedy my photo dysfunction sometime around Christmas, but that there's little hope for my fashion sense. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts