Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Two candles could be made by making the wick long enough to allow the candle maker to dip both ends of the wick into the wax. The area that was used to hold the center of the wick then became the hanger for the two candles. At least that is what I did a few times as a kid at the pioneer craft days that my family attended back home.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
dipped tapers are often sold in pairs conmnected together. Some people just like to hang them up on a peg. I make my rolled taper candles in pairs for that reason. I guess you could do tapers poured in a mold the same but they would have to be connected at the botom because it's the only way you can get them out of the mold. You could pair off tapers made in silicone molds and have the tops connected. I'm getting $7.50/pr for rolled tapers, $4.50 each for 10" poured tapers

·
Registered
27 Posts
We sell 6" for $2, 8" for $2.50, 10" for $3, and 12" for $3.50. These are poured and sold as singles and unpackaged. Dipped pairs are higher.

Candlaman

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
are these always sold in sets of two? if yes, why?
I think it's because so many candlesticks are sold as pairs. People like to (or at least used to like to) put pairs of candlesticks on the mantle, on the dining table, on nightstands at either side of a bed, etc...

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
We sell 10" molded tapers...

I understood that one way to make candles was to put them in a mould and another to dip. What is a molded taper? I would love to learn to make dipped tapers on a small scale. Anybody know what equipment is required? U searched through the old posts but have not found any information.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts