Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Chef Issac and Michael Bush,

Just want to thank both of you for your input on recipes for creamed/spun honey. I went back thru the archives and you both are tops on my list for simplicity and a great final product. I made some a couple of weeks ago just to see if I could and yes I can. No heating and using my Kitchen Aid great ideas. I added ground toasted Oregon Hazelnuts to one batch. YUMMMMM :). Thanks guys.

thanks,
Corinne

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For Dave

From the Chef:
>I just take 10 to 20 percent seed and place it in a kitchen aid mixer. I then add a good amount f honey to it and turn the mixer on low with a paddle attachment. After it was mixed for a while, I pout it into the bottling tank with all the honey and stir it with a big big whisk.
As for air bubbles, it does not matter if you have them. The Canadians mix creamed honey in big 50 gallon hobart mixers for a whole day and it is smooth with tons of air bubbles. It settles for a half day and they pour it into the containers.

From Mr. Bush:
>In my opinion heating honey is sacrilege. I don't have any problem getting nice smooth creamed honey without heating it. >I get wonderful creamed honey WITHOUT compromising the flavor or enzymes of the honey.

Hope this helps Dave,
Corinne

PS: I did let my creamed/spun honey set in a bowl with plastic wrap over the top for about one hour to let the bigger air bubbles come to the surface. When one pulls the wrap of the top the air bubbles and top layer is suppose to come off. My didn't so I just lightly skimmed the top and then poured into small jars. I then put them in my cool basement to set. In about 6 days they were ready for testing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts