Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are just starting to sell our stuff, and are receiving orders from out of state (through word of mouth and friends and family right now). What is the best way to get money when not selling in person? Paypal, or does anyone have anything else to recommend?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Look up a device called 'Square'. I used to use it when I sold artwork. If you have a smart phone you can run credit cards. I think there is a way to do it remotely as well.

PayPal is a great option but not everyone is set up to do PayPal. I've run into people that don't want to use it.

·
Banned
7,861 Posts
I like cash. Cash is King!
Nobody will complaint for sending cash.
But if it gets lost then it is a headache. Send money order then.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Check out Etsy. Payment is made through them via credit card. Fees are not unreasonable. I have an Etsy shop for my pottery.

For friends I know, and people I trust, I accept personal checks. No one's ever given me a bad check, but again, it's only for people I know and / or trust.

·
Banned
7,861 Posts
I thought bitcoin is outdated or that they went out of
business, no?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Post office. Money orders are pretty cheap. Under $2.
Then you can mail the check while you're there.
Good as gold.

·
Banned
7,861 Posts
Why not just mail out the cash at the PO?
I've sent cash in an envelope to pay for the queen packages before.
Seller is happy not have to goto the bank for that.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Why not just mail out the cash at the PO?
I've sent cash in an envelope to pay for the queen packages before.
Seller is happy not have to goto the bank for that.
Sure. It's always best to send cash.
I mailed you $14,000 in cash. Did you get it? If not how about a refund?
Starting to see a problem with mailing cash yet?

·
Banned
7,861 Posts
I figured that it is going to be around $32 dollars only.
A small amount compare to 14K. For larger transaction then
wire it through the bank or get a cashier check.

·
Registered
523 Posts
We are just starting to sell our stuff, and are receiving orders from OUT OF STATE (through word of mouth and friends and family right now). What is the best way to get money when not selling in person? Paypal, or does anyone have anything else to recommend?
"Out of State" capitalized for emphasis = engaging in "Interstate Commerce" requires Federal licensing. Likely not an issue for the quiet little stuff but, an online store advertising shipping makes it pretty obvious. There are a number of digital methods of transferring funds, Square and PayPal seem to be the biggest players.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Thats a 5yr old thread...if she ended up going with bitcoin back then she can prob retire now lol
Wouldn't that make you ill to know you bought a pound of honey with a 5 dollar bitcoin?

Alex

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.