Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Vendor
5,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The best feeder yet! Mounted on the fence and pulls the material into the saw blade. Holds the boards against the fence. No kickback. Perfect cuts always!

See above picasa link

·
Registered
440 Posts
Nope, red X is showing.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I can see the photos in the Picasa link fine, still showing as a red X in this browser window.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
I'd be more inclined to get a sliding table.

Deknow

·
Vendor
5,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was a guy down in Ga who made them. He got sued when someone stuck their finger in the chain and stopped making them. I see them on occasion on Ebay. It's a contraption, but works like a charm!

·
Registered
287 Posts
We use one from time to time, both on tablesaws and shapers. They work great for certain tasks. The one we have is an old model from Powermatic I think. Several companies sell them.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Nifty addition to a table saw. If I had more $$$ (looked up the prices of new power feeders :eek: ) and multiple table saws to leave it setup on one that would be slick. I even tried looking up DIY power feeders but it doesn't seem like it would fit my current wood shop use. Very neat though, thanks for sharing

·
Registered
440 Posts
OSHA would have a field day.
OSHA doesn't care what you do at home, just don't use it at work or with employees. When I got OSHA certified the trainer had examples of things he would cite people for on the job site but that he does at home himself.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
The finish and uniformity with a power feed is not in the same league with push feed. Those chains and sprockets could be guarded. Haven't looked lately but they used to be available in Lee Valley Tools

·
Vendor
5,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The finish and uniformity with a power feed is not in the same league with push feed.
I've not found that to be the case.. In any event, it's good enough for me.

Those chains and sprockets could be guarded.
True...............

Haven't looked lately but they used to be available in Lee Valley Tools
Could be.. not sure

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
The finish and uniformity with a power feed is not in the same league with push feed.
I've not found that to be the case.. In any event, it's good enough for me.
Whoa! I think you took my words the wrong way. I will rephrase it; push feed gives a much poorer finish than power feed. Especially so with long pieces.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
I have cut a lot of strips for building canoes. If you have good positive finger boards side and top and train your wife well to pull smoothly as the long pieces transition to the outfeed side, you can get decent finish. If you have any pauses or jerks it shows up in the finish. A power feeder is not something I would want stuck in my face all the time but If I were making frames or a bunch of rabetted hive bodies it sure would be slick.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts