Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a condition I don't understand maybe someone can enlighten me. I'm using the Boardman feeders on the nuc's I carried through the winter so when I fill them with syrup 3s2w (the syrup is slightly discolored) in 2 or 3 days the syrup is clear and thin as pure water with very slight sweet taste. Can the sugar be evaperating? Sugar syrup is to costly just to have it evaperate if thats what it is. Does anyone have a solution to correct this?
Thanks
Barney

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
let the syrup sit for 24 hours before filling the feeders. It helps get the sugar truly suspended in the water by doing so.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The syrup was in 5 gal buckets for several days and yes I desolved the sugar in boiling water. I use 10 qts water 40lb sugar bring the water to hard boil add about 25 pounds while the water is still boiling turn off heat and desolve the rest of the sugar.
Barney

·
Registered
261 Posts
I eus a paint mixer on a elec drill Works great for me. Just hot tap water and leave it set overnite.A 1 gallon mixer in a 5 gallom bucket works best for me.A 5 gallon mixer was to big. Couldn't turn it fast enough

1 - 5 of 5 Posts