Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

These were done in a queen right cell builder, wet grafted with a German stainless tool. We had 680 out of 720 accepted and well drawn... not bad for the first graft of the year. Pulling our third round out today. We were lucky and had eggs from these by the 13th of April.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wet grafting is when you prime the cup before the larvae is transferred. I place a small drop of royal jelly diluted with a little water in each cup before I begin grafting. This makes it very easy to float the larvae off and allows me to graft more before I have to place graft frames in the cell builders... no drying out this way.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Wet grafting is when you prime the cup before the larvae is transferred. I place a small drop of royal jelly diluted with a little water in each cup before I begin grafting. This makes it very easy to float the larvae off and allows me to graft more before I have to place graft frames in the cell builders... no drying out this way.
JBJ - Where do you source the Royal Jelly from ?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It can vary. Many health food stores will offer some in natural form. If you don't need a whole lot it can be harvested from open cells. A little goes a long ways and I dilute it to about 50%ish. I believe Glorybee sells larger volumes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts