Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I can't remember where I read this, but I read the same thing. Would you like to buy a comma?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Do you mean the mites accompanying a swarm (riding the bees)? After the swarm settles into a new hive would be a great time to treat with OA vapor since there's a long broodless period. Also, I would put them on 4.9 or 5.1 foundation or comb to being regression to SC.

:cool:

·
Banned
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hobie, I read it somewhere also. Perhaps a contest to see who can find this comment. It specifically reads ......"How will you handle swarming mites and the possible expansion of the apiary?"

How do I count mites? Thats easy...I just tell them to "SOUND OFF!". They start counting by ones...one, two, three........ :D

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
BjornBee . . .

Have you seen the 2007 BetterBee Catalog?

I think I just go to "meetings and talk to beekeepers" about this.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
I have invented a treatment (soon to be approved) for this called Swarming Mite Solution. It's very similar in appearance to petroleum jelly and works exactly the same as the famous mite solution!

Please send $18.00 for a 2 oz tube.

[ January 27, 2007, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: Joel ]

·
Banned
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dave nailed it! :D It made me laugh when I read about the "swarming mites". I guess in proofreading, it would be easy to overlook.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Geez, I looked all through that catalog (3 times!) trying to find where I read it. Drove me nuts. Now I have to go through it a fourth time. If I end up buying stuff, it's all your fault.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Yeah, yeah, found it! Apparently I don't read sideways very well!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts