Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7,675 Posts
Something seems a bit unusual, but I have to say that I have seen capped queen cells that were built out of worker brood cells at the same time there were similar aged queen cells off the bottom of frames where we expect to see swarm cells but emergency or supercedure cells could happen there if there were larvae present. Conditions were not exactly right for swarming and the queen still there and laying. Tore cells down and things went back to normal. Some times it is hard to tell.

Needs lots of background info need to figure out sometimes exactly what is happening. As Greg has said you need to supply more of a description of what happened and precise time frame of events leading up.

It sounds possible you have a virgin in there not laying yet if they dont start cells on introduced frame with eggs and all age larvae. I have one queen now that is just over the month from grafting date and not laying yet. Running around with her blue dot and peeking in lots of cells. She better start sticking her tail in them soon or she is toast! A month is normal.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts