Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering is it time to gather up my Swarm Traps I have scattered about the area here in South Louisiana?

Is swarming time over? Is flow on or off or stopped or started here yet?

I say so confused trying to figure out all this stuff lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm from nc so I'm not sure about your flow but I have been putting out traps for 2 years and last year I caught swarms from the first of april and caught my last one on October 31. I had to combine some of the swarms I caught at the end of the year to make sure they made it through winter but I had decent size swarms during that time.

·
Registered
825 Posts
As long as you don't need the gear, let them be. I don't know your flow either, but I know in Florida there are swarms reported year round. I would venture to guess you only have a couple of down months there. There are times of greater flow than others, but as long as you are seeing things in bloom (even wildflowers/weeds on the side of the road or in fields) the bees have a nectar source.

·
Registered
245 Posts
No problem with leaving them for the summer, keep an eye on em for pest inside though. In South LA you could probably keep them up year round.

·
Registered
7,086 Posts
No incoming bait swarms here since 4/30 that I know of.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem with leaving them for the summer, keep an eye on em for pest inside though. In South LA you could probably keep them up year round.
Groovy...

Thanks, I just checked on a couple of them and refreshed the Lemon Grass Oil

I'll let em Bee:}

1 - 6 of 6 Posts