Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do a swarm trapping presentation for my local clubs, its about an hour long. Its based on the 3 pillars - Scent, Accommodation, and Location. Not a professional video, but you get the idea.
https://vimeo.com/386160166
I also have the ppt. if you need it. Feel free to use for your club, or personal use.
Be aware that this is for the SF Bay area, so the discussion of timing will be a bit different for your location.
All beekeeping is local.

Cheers,
Phil in Fremont

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I do a swarm trapping presentation for my local clubs, its about an hour long. Its based on the 3 pillars - Scent, Accommodation, and Location. Not a professional video, but you get the idea.
https://vimeo.com/386160166
I also have the ppt. if you need it. Feel free to use for your club, or personal use.
Be aware that this is for the SF Bay area, so the discussion of timing will be a bit different for your location.
All beekeeping is local.

Cheers,
Phil in Fremont
Thank you for posting, Phil. I look forward to checking this out!

Russ

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Phil:

Just finished watching your presentation- very through and well-done.

I learned several things from your talk, and the slum gum mat idea is brilliant- I will be looking to incorporate this on future improvements to my scions.

Thanks again for sharing. Best of luck to you this year.

Russ

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Inspired by Phil's great slum mat idea- including the use of a frame to hold it, I made an improvement to my scions.

Thanks for the good ideas, Phil. Now to find a few of those keyboard stands...

Food Aluminium foil Cuisine Vegetarian food Bread
Tree Playground Ladder Recreation Playground slide

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the video Phil. Got a number of new things to try out off that video.

Second year into trapping. Scored one last year with 4 traps out. Just put up traps this last week and had bee's checking it out while I was install it. :)

Good luck everyone....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hope your luck is good this year. It was a warm winter, so we are seeing a lot of swarms right now. I have caught 7 swarms already this year, and the club Swarmlist is running well over last year.

Phil in Fremont.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Good Morning Phil,

I'm going to 'Second' Hoot Owl Lane Bees and also ask if there if there is any way to get this on YouTube? I can get it to launch, play a few minutes, then it hangs. I realize Internet is slow all over, however, I can still watch YouTube when this is hanging on Vimeo. They may be overloaded . . .

Thanks!

John

P.S. I was able to download the presentation on my slow Internet (Up to 6MPS) and am successfully watching it. Thanks Phil! I would be interested in the PPT, just to be able to study some of the information at my leisure.

jT

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.