Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a morning, I had my nuc that was housing one of my BWeaver queens swarm this AM. I grab a 10 frame box and some frames and run out to give the remaining bees more room. Just as I am walking out the door the swarm begins to take to the air again. I am thinking "they found a place already?" Much to my surprise half of the swarm returned to the nuc. I swapped boxes, giving them 5 more frames of foundation and by the time I was done the entire swarm had returned to the hive. Now while I realize this happened because the queen remained behind, I still consider it quite a blessing!! One looks at a swarm differently when you suspect it contains a $25 queen!:D

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx...however I have been keeping an eye on them all day since once a hive decides to swarm they usually pull it off. About an hour ago they swarmed again to the same spot only this time a t-storm rolled in 10 minutes later (so much for bees knowing when it is going to rain) I will be surprised if they survive the night.:(

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got up this morning, got everything together, was walking toward the swarm and just as I got there....they started leaving!:doh: Oh did I mention, another one of my hives swarmed this morning as well??:pinch: I give up!!:cry: My only advice is don't break your foot in April if you have bees!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts