Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someme on Facebook right down the road from me posted this" I wonder if someone in my area lost there bees we have a tree full of bees just buzzing everywhere." The lady that posted this lives right down the road from me.I don't think it's a swarm the red maples are just starting to poke out I figure she has an old maple tree in her yard and the bees are all over it cuz there is just a few maple trees in bloom around here all the young trees will be another week before they bloom. So I figure they are just working the tree and not a swarm she thinks it's a swarm I assume . I told her to send me a picture . Update while I was writing this she messaged me back and said that all the bees are gone that it just started raining and they all left lol. But I'm kinda a little worried if they are that noticeable to people around me I have 23 hives the area isn't really rural but it isn't the suburbs either. I'm just kinda worried someone will call and complain on me if they do like that to more than just this lady she wasn't complaining just trying to be nice and let someone know but we all know there is always that one neighbor that don't like what your doing. He anyone ever had a neighbor complain about there bees or to many bees and is there any laws in Tennessee with a limit of hives im in the county. Ive looked for laws but it seems like there isn't a limit in the county. If like to run around 40 hives in this spot by the end if this bee year if everything goes as planned that is.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I never have seen any laws concerning the number of hives. What part of Tn are you in I am in East TN myself.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Near the gatlinburg pigeon forge area. And no I have never seen any laws either besides in the city and I'm not 100 percent sure bit I think. For the city of pigeon forge you can only have so many depending on how many acres you have and they have to be so far from your neighbors house. But don't quote me on that it's been awhile since I looked it up. I don't think there are any restrictions in the county.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I am between Lafollette and Middlesboro , KY. We are out in the county and have no restrictions either. As far as I can tell.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Shoulda coulda woulda gone to talk with her and assessed the situation. A show of concern goes a long way in keeping neighbors happy.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bob128 I worked 7am to 7pm yesterday and today so I couldn't go over there till after dark and she said it started raining and they were gone. I told her if they come back or are bothering her I'd be glad to come see what's up. But more than likely they were just foraging on her maple tree. I was curious myself to see what was going on and how many so if she messages me back saying they still there I'll go over there tomrrow and see. i was trying to show concern but she hasn't said they are back I might message her tomrrow and see of they still there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts