Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My bees swarmed yesterday, right into the closest tree. I think it was because they didn't like going up into the empty super I had put on about two weeks ago. It only had starter strips and I didn't pull up any of the frames. Anyway, as we prepared to get them down from the tree and into a hive box they apparently didn't like all the activity, took to the air, and off they went in a huff. That was yesterday. Today my hive swarmed again, into the same tree. But then, after about an hour they all went back home. The whole crowd was patiently standing in front of the entrance, fanning, slowly, slowly taking turns in walking back in. No pushing or shoving. just very calmly. Everything is back to as it was. But a bunch of dead drones on the gound in front of the hive. Did they change their mind? Did they forget something? Can anybody guesswhat was going on? Should I do something?

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
If they repeat the same behavior again and again, there must be something they want or do not want in your hive. Can you get a full frame of drawn comb or foundation to get them going where you want them?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts