Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a swarm call wednesday night from onr of the peopel i work with.It rained off and on thursdayand all day today friday.The bees are still there in a pine tree about head high.I just stopeed buy there after work and took a look.It looks to be about 5 lbs of bees just hanging in the rain.Would it be a good idea to try to hive them in the rain.Could it be there is something wrong with these bees? Any one ever see this or hived a swarm in the rain.It is late for a small swarm here in oh but i want it for a booster for a weak hive.
Thanks Bob

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mitch, on getting that swarm in the rain, my guess would be that would be a good time since they would not be likely to be out flying in the wet. Ron.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was pouring when i wrote the post,but just an hour or so befor dark it let up.i had bout 15 miles to drive.I got i would say 95% of the bees.They were not to nasty as most were to wet to fly.I just looked in the top sunday.There are about 4 or 5 solid frames of bees.I gave them some frames i had with honey and pollin.I have another late swarm i am going to join them with.the golden rod is about to be in full bloom here.And joining the 2 will give them the best chance to make the winter.Frost is not far away here may be 5 or 6 weeks.I think i will get th feeder ready today to give them a boost.
Thanks to all who replied
Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts