Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone manufacture inner boards to narrow down say a medium 10 frame hive bodies to say a 3-5 frame nuc? I could cut my own I suppose, but time is always limited and for a reasonable price I would just as soon buy them. Really would just prefer to use existing mediums for the few occasions I would like to do a walk away split.

Thanks

·
Registered
646 Posts
Re: Suppliers sell "filler" boards to reduce hive bodies into temporary nucs?

Mann Lake WW-165. Follower board. Snug fit to box on the sides, allows passage above and below.

·
Registered
307 Posts

The pink or blue wallboard insulation works well too, it's much easier to cut than wood.

·
Registered
915 Posts

I bought one from a friend of mine recently for my one 10 frame hive. It's a nice design, fits in like a frame but removes the bee space and goes all the way to the bottom of the bottom board. I really like it. I'll try to take a picture and post it later.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks posters!

I knew I had seen something like I was looking for before. Just wasnt putting the right info into the search engines.

·
Registered
646 Posts

My originals were made with aluminum clad foam and AL tape. They chewed right in the flat face. Maybe I have aggressive bees.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts