Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is my dilemma had a queen with a bad pattern culled her and put in a cell from another hive. She mated and started a nice pattern and now after checking yesterday they have 3 queen cells almost caped in a supersede position on a frame. So options I see is to split it and let them regroup or jus let the supersede. This hive was a five frame and just never took off till after the cull. Now in a 10 with 1/2 super drawn out of honey. I am kind of leaning to the split and feed back up to strength. I made a effort not to inspect till 2 weeks after. She appeared to have all her legs and was not balled on my inspection yesterday. She was walking around the frame with a court in tow, she looked smaller but is a newer queen so I?m not
most likely make a nuc and keep her and let them make another as they?re got 3 nice cells going may steel on for another nuc.
Suggestions
Thanks

·
Registered
623 Posts
If you have the resources, pull the queen and stick her in a nuc then let the cells hatch out. There might be a reason why they’re trying to supercede. You’ll find out. You could end up with an extra queen or at worst some brood to put back in the original hive if they try to supercede her again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts