Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View attachment Sundance II topmount pollen trap.pdf

For those that are interested in how the Sundance II pollen trap works, and how to "process" the pollen, these are the instructions that came with my trap.

My setup is a bit different than a standard Langstroth so I started these girls with only an upper entrance of 3 one inch holes. They didn't seem to mind the addition of the trap at all. When I don't want to trap, I just unplug the entrance holes. When I do want to trap, I stopper them up.

pollen trap.jpg

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Thanks for posting. I bought one this year and was a little confused on the operation as i'd expected there would be a open and close option like the bottom sundance traps. So you used a shim under the trap for the holes to plug and unplug?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for posting. I bought one this year and was a little confused on the operation as i'd expected there would be a open and close option like the bottom sundance traps. So you used a shim under the trap for the holes to plug and unplug?
yes, although with a strong colony, you could just shift the top super back a fraction to allow an upper entrance when you did not want to trap the pollen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts