Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I played around with the plastic traps that fit to the front of the hive in years past, but was always not impressed. This year I thought that I would try the Sundance traps and bought three. BOY, what a difference! I collect more on one hive in one day than the plastic junk did all season. These are serious pieces of equipment and very well built. Definitely going to buy more next season. BTW, bought them from Bluesky.:thumbsup:

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,108 Posts
And, if you have a top entrance already, the top mount ones work just as well and you get even cleaner pollen...

I think this is a product that has been tweaked and perfected. The others do not seem to be.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Any impact on spring build-up of the colony? I have one of each and have been considering installing them this spring - I've only run them in the fall in the past.

Thanks -

-Pete

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any impact on spring build-up of the colony?
First time with Sundance, and only using three traps, but from what I can see there doesn't appear to be an impact. I am following the instructions exactly as provided, i.e., leave trap in collection mode instead of flipping back and forth. They claim that it doesn't completely strip all the pollen - hard to tell. So far all colonies seem on par with neighbors without traps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts