Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My honey bees have been very productive! They have packed away over 5 bars of honey, not including what they have packed away in and around the brood bars. So I humbly helped myself to 1 bar of their surplus. From what I have learned I could have taken more without causing any harm. But I won't, I'm VERY grateful for this precious gift of their golden treasure. I got 3 full cups according to the line on this jar and that NOT including 2 cut outs I set aside, some eaten, some dripped all over the place, some lost from hands being washed and some still draining from the wax in a pot. And not to mention the wax which I'll melt down and put to use. I am one happy beekeeper! :D :D :D

P.S. Sorry to post something completely trite as a honey collecting, I'm just super excited since this is my FIRST time doing so!

Food Cuisine Dish Ingredient Dessert

Honey bees are absolutely amazing creatures!

Mason jar Canning Drink Kombucha Food

What a wonderful flavor! So sweet and delicious!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations to you and your obviously happy bees!

I'm curious - What did you use the apple cider vinegar on the counter for?

What a gorgeous comb. I hope to see something similar some day ...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone. Becoming a beekeeper has been (and still is) to me such a rich, wonderful, enlightening and humbling learning experience. Watching these insects build their hive, collect nectar, raise their young, turn nectar into honey then into wax and just their overall amazing function as a super-organism has insured I will NEVER see something seemingly ubiquitous as "honey" in the same light again.

P.S. Estreya, I use the cider vinegar to make my pulled pork BBQ. =)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.