Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a student at Lehigh University taking a product innovation course in which we are required to research and market a product. My group's assignment is to analyze the utility and need for a product that simplifies the process of beekeeping. We have researched a potential start-up that requires more input, and would really appreciate your thoughts by answering our 3-question survey.

The product we are looking into is called Flow Hive, which simplifies the process of extracting honey from a hive using its patented honeycomb lattice design. This design allows honey to be extracted by simply switching a lever, which eliminates the need for opening up the hive and disturbing the bees. We really appreciate any ideas you could share that will help us better understand the problem, and we welcome any suggestions you have that will guide us to create a great solution.

We sincerely appreciate your participation in our project. And we thank you in advance if you could forward our survey link to anyone who may be interested in providing input to our idea as well. Below is the link to our survey:

Link to survey:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...ORl-JciP5zCXkhQmAfEBoVOQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
You have picked a topic which will be quite easy to gather information about. Also a good opportunity to examine the power of a product promotion that was wildly successful though the product itself is oft questioned value. It certainly was not something that many experienced beekeepers embraced. Do a search here of flowhive for oodles of posts on the subject both pro and con.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
His survey is well thought out and can be responded to in a few minutes. I hope a lot of us reply.
I had a bit of a reaction that the student should be doing a bit more research on his/her own. That was behind my search suggestion rather than have us do the leg work.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Neat project, jtw223. I do hope you get good survey participation, and I will be interested to see your finished product.

Good luck to you and your group with your effort.

Russ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts