Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 4 hives. The strongest of the hives has about 15% more bees than the next strongest hive. The stongest hive beards over the front of the bottom board, and up the front of the bottom deep. I have two shallow supers on both hives. The stonger of the two has one side of a shallow frame that is almost ready to be capped. But in about six shallow frames they have lots of drone brood, and lots and lots of worker brood, all capped. Both hives have lots and lots of bees comming and going. The weaker of the two has 6 capped frames full of honey. And all other frames in both shallows are almost ready to be capped. Why would the stronger hive have no honey from this flow, and the weaker of the two have two shallows full? Here's the weird thing, the stongest hive started with two shallows, both drawn comb thats in good shape. The weaker of the two had one shallow of drawn comb, then drew out the other frame and has it almost full already. Clover is in full bloom, and I've seen the bees working it.

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
the stronger hive has simply converted the early flow into brood and more bees. final analysis is delayed until the crop is harvested.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts