1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Junk lol I thought I was the only one who calledit that. Not sure how one would get stung there. To date my most painfull was right at the top of my butt crack I stood up and pinched one with my waistline of my pants, I were suspenders in the beeyard now lol

·
Registered
160 Posts
That's funny. I actually got sniped on my nose the other weekend, and although it WAS uncomfortable, it really wasn't that terrible. I would think the lip would be worse.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
The tip of the ear has been my worst spot so far.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
The lip and the nose are no joke. I have been stung on both and want no more. The hands and wrists help my artheritis, I dont mind those. G

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The thing about getting a SOLID sting on the nose, is that it's like getting punched in the nose - your eyes water up real bad, "snot" starts running out of your nose - heck, you even drool a little. It REALLY sucks.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Got it in the lip when I was about 15. Cried like a baby! Swelled up, but went fishing anyway. Got it sunburned! Most miserable 2 weeks! I'm now a beekeeper again and only wear gloves. Average 3 or more stings a week in various places. Eyelid, ears, armpits, inside pants (not junk yet!) nothing has yet compared to bottom lip. But of course it is now a traumatic memory... perhaps nothing ever will compare to it again... except my first and only kidney stone - definitely trumps all so far!

But I didn't digress just now either! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Drinking a Pepsi in Germany in the dorms chillin watching a movie and got zapped on the side of my tongue. That was quite unpleasent and no one really appreciated getting pepsi sprayed all over them. :lpf:

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I got stung dead center of my chin a few weeks ago. It didn't hurt too bad, but I looked like I had a goiter.

The cuticle of the finger is the most painful spot I have been stung. Just beside the finger nail. It burns like fire.

·
Registered
194 Posts
My tongue.

Was at a rest stop on a family vacation many years back. We were enjoying some snacks (sugary), and I was not paying attention when I bit off a piece of candy and began to chew. Felt this horrible pain and burning sensation along my tongue next to my back molars. I had no idea at this point what it was other than my eyes began to water. Spat the half chewed candy out and reached in to pull at my tongue - and out comes this mangled bee and pulsing stinger from my tongue.

Tongue swelled up horribly and burned like hell. I was no longer hungry...

·
Registered
157 Posts
The guy that taught the beekeeping class I took mentioned being stung in all the places mentioned in this thread, in addition to inside his nose & inside his ear (which he said at the time were the worse). The absolute worse he said was being stung directly in the eye. Top that!

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
I was stung deep in the ear canal once. I could not get the bee out..... the noise of all those beating wings was incredible. Finally the bee died in there. My head swoll up on the side in a strange way. It took a Dr to get the bee out. I had to wait till the swelling went down. It was my worse sting.... so far.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Don't think I can top that. But I CAN tell you that to open a hive without pants.... well, just don't do it!!

My worst so far was the first sting ever. Can't remember where, but it sucked for 3 days. I got stung on the eye lid a coupla weeks ago, and it sucked cuz it was swollen and hard to see, but the pain wasn't so bad. After about 10 or so stings, none are really that bad now. Last time I got stung, I didn't even cuss...

I was stung deep in the ear canal once. I could not get the bee out..... the noise of all those beating wings was incredible. Finally the bee died in there. My head swoll up on the side in a strange way. It took a Dr to get the bee out. I had to wait till the swelling went down. It was my worse sting.... so far.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The irony of this thread isnt lost on me, i got stung today checking my hive/putting more frames in. it hurt for the first 5 sec then it stopped. got stung on the open face on my arm right above the tricep

1 - 17 of 17 Posts