Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently read on the board that plain vinegar works to reduce the effects of beestings. Had a chance to try it out this past week when I was stung 4 times in a row. 3 of the stings were glances (stinger didn't stay in the skin), when I picked up a section of cross-comb that had a few bees between my fingers and the underside of the comb. The 4th was a bee stuck in my shorts, when i stood up it didn't care to be squeezed against my leg and so stung me, understandably. (Yes I know I should have been better clothed but heck these bees are so calm I haven't used a veil in quite awhile either). To make a long story short, I quickly doused the stings in plain old white cider vinegar for a few minutes and was AMAZED that there was NO SWELLING whatsoever afterwards. These fingers normally swell into sausages with just one sting, even glances like these I had received. My thigh, with the stinger carefully removed, only received a small red quarter sized welt, and again no swelling. The following day I could hardly notice anything had occurred.

Has anybody else seen this type of result with vinegar? If this is a typical result, then I HIGHLY recommend keeping a little jar of vinegar in the beeyard tool box

1 - 1 of 1 Posts