Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a batch of traditional ( dandylion and lilac honey)that's 10 months old and still cloudy.

What can I do to get it to start and clear? THe last batch i did no probs, this one's a pest....no significant temp changes in the storage area.

·
Registered
91 Posts
We used Brewcraft Dry Isinglass Finings that we picked up at a brewing supply store (recommended by the owner). It worked great as it cleared up in a couple of days and we were able to bottle within two weeks.

The package was 1/4 oz but we only used about 1/2 of it. Talk to the owner of the store - if you find the right one they'll be more than helpful.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
6-drink the cloudy stuff AFTER the first bottle of clear. you wont care! :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotta make some space to rack, i'll give the bentonite a try first. I've read that sparkaloide can leave an off taste.

THanks all

cheers

·
Registered
185 Posts
personally i like KC's Super Kleer for those pesky permanent hazes. it does the trick every time.

there is a chance that it is a pectic haze and a little pectic enzyme you clear it up if that is the case.

which yeast did you use? some yeast will not floc.

cold temperatures will help with the precipitation, 32°F and seven days will almost clear any haze.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I used to use the KC clear untill I bought an extra fridge, put it in the fridge a week or so and it will clear, or just buy some handmade pottery glasses the clouds never really change the flavor.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Maybe it needs to be degassed? Give a good stir w/ the j of a cut up pc of plastic coat hanger and a cordless, if that don't do the trick then spend money ( I always do it the other way around):D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts