Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GRASS! Yep.... grass! Ok.. so it's dead grass, but grass nonetheless. I haven't seen this since Christmas.
Just thought I'd pass this on while it (48 degrees) lasts. Supposed to get 2-3 inches of "global warming" by wed. am (lows of 1 degree.)
(grumble, grumble)

0310141743.jpg

·
Registered
103 Posts
We are getting mod 70 degree weather right now. BTW I hate snow,,

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
All the grass in my yard where the sun shines is showing! The Chinook winds really made it go away! We will get more normally until june but the grass in the southern exposures is already starting to green up at the roots. What a treat! Ground still frozen hard as a bullet.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
GRASS! Yep.... grass! Ok.. so it's dead grass, but grass nonetheless. I haven't seen this since Christmas.
Just thought I'd pass this on while it (48 degrees) lasts. Supposed to get 2-3 inches of "global warming" by wed. am (lows of 1 degree.)
(grumble, grumble)

View attachment 9533
One week ago I was where you are now. We had snow everywhere. This weekend and today the girls are flying and I was able to get sugar water on my last remaining colony (out of 3). Hang in there. Spring is coming. ;)

·
Registered
699 Posts
We had snow last week (not sure how much) and -20F on sunday, and today we had +48..
=A GLORIOUS day MR. Binicle, Ayy What?== I called my daughter last week in Larado, she
had 75 above and we had 25 below....she's just north of the boarder and I'm just south of
the boarder ...lol...sounds like a song (I've got spring fever--aaooooh) lol
Yes patches of grass showing and I have 12 packages showing up in 3 weeks---:)++
I'm thinking creative anticipating the packages.....:)

==McBee7==

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Snow is gone. Grass hasn't greened up. Time to go looking for hive tools.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
you guys have all made me very glad I live in Florida. :D

My bees are flying today, the high yesterday was 78. I feed 5 gallons, all of it gone by the end of the day. Hives are growing very fast, maples, plums and peaches blooming.

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,108 Posts
>you guys have all made me very glad I live in Florida.

But I won't see a wax moth until late July... and probably won't see a small hive beetle all year... and I won't see a mosquitoe or a fly for another month or two.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
>you guys have all made me very glad I live in Florida.

But I won't see a wax moth until late July... and probably won't see a small hive beetle all year... and I won't see a mosquitoe or a fly for another month or two.
Yea, you won't see a girl in a string bikini either. :)

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,108 Posts
>Yea, you won't see a girl in a string bikini either.

It definitely has it's downside... I probably won't see a girl in a string bikini all year... there is no beach... I guess you win, I'll take wax moths for that...

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Regression to the mean! My greening grass is now 100% snowcovered again. Snow will be gone tomorrow I imagine, but will return.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts