Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are out there in the ocean, sea run trout. The last three years have been so dry that they have been unable to enter the rivers and streams to spawn. Now that we have rain and snow and the fresh waters are spilling out in to the sea, they will be running. You can catch a 3 lb fish in 6" of water. Hang on and don't let the line get any slack even when they run straight back at you!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Enjoy This,
Have I got a Fish story for You.... on second thought pics are Sometimes worth more than a thousand words.

This is fish camp, on the Snake River.

Looking up river at the mouth of Hells Canyon.

Wild Steelhead, one can tell by looking at the adipose fin.
I enjoyed catching and releacing this big fish.
after a quick photo.
Jim

·
Registered
160 Posts
Love steelhead season. Takes a bit longer for them to get this far up the Columbia, but life is good when they do. Fish on.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Jim thanks for the pictures. That is one beautiful fish you are holding!

Did the big fish fit inside the tent or did the tail stick out the open end?

The look on Jims face is one of great thrills and great concern to return that fish ASAP.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DANNGGGG!!! Look at the grin on that greybeard!

Also check the tackle in the background, fly type stuff. I doubt he throws anything over 6lb test. I wanna do that too!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These are the mega trout, live at sea for 2-3-4years then return to the exact pool or backwater where they were hatched to spawn and fry return again to the Pacific. Can you see how bright the colors. Flyer Jim thanks for the photo!

How much does that fish weigh Jim, approximately?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts