Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
What a confusing incident. Obviously the apartment residents were savvy enough about the situation to report the dying bees to the news station; but in that case why was the pesticide company hired to apply pesticide to those trees to begin with? Did they imagine there's a pesticide you can apply to trees in bloom which won't kill bees that forage them?

·
Banned
13,203 Posts
My guess is the residents (could of only been a few) wanted the bees gone. Resident manager is caught between a rock and a hard place. No way to please everyone.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Like Beedeetee mentioned, this incident is particularly upsetting since we have a Pesticide company so ignorant as to repeat the EXACT same thing (application of neonics to a blooming Linden Tree) that was done in Wilsonville, OR at a Target parking lot not a year ago. Of all the people/companies that should have known, they should have been at the top of the list. They shouldnt just be slapped on the wrist, they should be put out of business, there's no excuse.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Aphids are fragile and blasting with plain water will do much to get rid of them. I use this method on my 400+ roses. Unfortunately the aphids also reproduce incredibly fast so it has to be repeated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts